Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do you put a stereo and speakers in a 1978 jeep without spending a fortune?

I have an old cj5 with no stereo at all. I just want to be able to hear something when I am riding down the road. It needs to be fairly weather proof as I don't have a solid top and either removable or theft proof. I don't want anything fancy cuz basically I don't want it stolen and if you've ever ridin in a jeep you hear more of the wind and the road than anything.


Anyone got any suggestions.|||Go to a site such as www.sonicelectronix.com and look under their marine audio equipment if you're really concerned about rain. Lot of stuff there designed to handle the water. As for the wind noise, if you use a soundbar mounted to the top rollbar that helps by pointing the speaker at your head. You can get roll bar pods from any of the normal major Jeep catalogs such as quadratec.com or 4wd.com


Jeeps require a little ingenuity for things like this. I mounted a subwoofer in a box I built into my rear seat frame. Its out of sight and doesn't see much water down there.|||just get radio and two speakers. hook it up from the battery with a fuse in between. You can get a cheap but good set at a discount radio store.

No comments:

Post a Comment