Friday, September 23, 2011

How do you replace a front speaker in a 1993 Jeep Wrangler?

My driver's side front speaker in my Jeep is blown and I dont know how to take the metal plate off of the front to replace it.|||Get some sleep. Tomorrow go to the public library and look in Chilton's Auto Repair manual. and it will show you everything. Good luck.|||ok here it goes....... theres 2 ways you can do this thats do it by the book or do it your own way. the book requires taking the star screws off the metal dash i think it 3. but you also have to fold the windshield down so you have to also unbolt the 3 additional starscrews that holds the windshiel to dash also. you do this cause you have to pull the whole dash off enough to get a tool back there. under the winsheild frame there 6 torx screws to take off. if you have a hardtop yes that has to come off too along unbolting the front rollbars from windshield frame. now my way yes i folded windshield down but the torx screws under my jeep windshield were rusted so that wasnt happening. i just unbolted the corner of dash and took a plybar and bend the corner far enough to unbolt speakers and take them out. it was so time consuming and difficult i just bolted 2 out of the 4 nuts to hold it in. both my front speakers were shot so it took me and my brother 4hrs to do the project

No comments:

Post a Comment