Sunday, September 18, 2011

How long do Jeep Wranglers really last for?

I recently just bought 2000 Jeep wrangler Sahara, she has 90K on her. I heard the body will start to rust before the engine and its parts. It has the inline 6 cylinder, from what i heard one of the best engines? Are wranglers really that reliable? How long do they usually last before you need to start putting work into them?|||I have a 2000 wrangler with the 4 liter straight 6. 157k miles, I have replaced the radiator and some seals on the differential. Nothing else besides the usual. Brakes,oil, tires etc. Very reliable still in great shape.I absolutely love it.|||Its a Jeep Vehicle...


They will Last forever...





My 88 Cherokee W/I-6 4.0 (from 97 Wrangler)


Is Lasting ...


Just take Care of your Jeep and


Your jeep Will take Care of you!|||i have a 97' with 131K on it and so far no engine problems. they last forever if you take care of them|||I have a 1988 Wrangler. Best vehicle I've ever owned, and STILL going strong.|||Jeep Wranglers are notoriously known to have the slowest depreciation rate of any vehicle under $50,000. Keep it well maintained (oil changes, fluids %26amp; flushes, brakes, etc) and she should run you well past 200 k...I know a guy who sold his 1978 wrangler for 5000 k. He bought it back in 96 for 5000 k. Wranglers (new and used) are a good investment (if there really is such a thing with autos). Good luck!|||if you do the required maintaince on your car or truck like changing the oil every 2500 miles air filter at 7500 gas filter


and have the under carriage of the bottom of the car cleaned to prevent rust and keep up with the maintenance it could last between 10 to 20 years|||I recently sold my 88 Wrangler after driving it for about 20 years. It's no secret - change your oil religiously.





I wanted to drive the thing till the wheels fell off, but couldn't pass up a good deal on a 97 so I sold it to offset the price.|||I have a 89 runs great and I beat mine up on the Rubicon.If you get high mileage I would recommend you put some Lucas oil in with your oil|||I have a 99 Wrangler Sport. It has 103,000 miles on it and it is still going strong. I have had to replace the exhaust header (a known problem with the TJ's) and the power steering pump leaks. That is it!!! It has NEVER broken down on me or left me stranded (except on the trail, when I broke it! LOL).





I do have a new muffler but only because I bent the tail pipe back the other direction and pulled all of the pipes down while wheeling. The muffler itself was still ok but I replaced it with a new once since I needed new pipes.





Any money I have put into it has been for regular maintenance and to replace crap I broke while wheeling it. And I wheel the CRAP out of my Jeep, it is not running now because I exploded my rear carrier and in the process of trying to get it off the trail I had a freakish accident where a rock broke through my radiator shroud, bent the fan blade and destroyed my radiator.





It's like the Timex watch. It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment