Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How much should it cost to do front brakes on a 2005 Jeep Liberty at the dealership?

My car is at the dealership today and they're telling me that it's going to cost $310 for front brakes. I don't remember it being this much with my previous Jeep (Grand Cherokee). Am I being taken advantage of because I'm female and don't know any better?|||probably, you should only need pads and MAYBE rotors. they could probably resurface the rotors for $10 a pop. they shouldnt need calipers, so if thats in there, get a second opinion.





i got pads and rotors (90% of brake problems) all new and installed for $500 for all 4 total.





300 for the front is too much. you should take a knowledgeable male friend in with you to have them explain the charges.





good luck.|||It'll cost around $100 for brake pads and another $100 for labor. Dealerships usually charge more, as well. So it probably isn't unreasonable to pay that much for front pads at a dealership. If you need new rotors, that sounds reasonable. Sometimes you can resurface the rotors, but if they are warped, you probably need new ones. I saved $200 by installing my own pads. However, I had to get the back ones done because I didn't have the special tool to compress the piston back.|||ALWAYS replace pads and rotors at the same time on a Liberty. How much are they charging you per hour? Shouldn't be more than 1.5 hours, and at $95/hr, you're paying $110 for pads and rotors, which is very reasonable.|||it should cost around $100-150.00


$50.00 for the parts


$55.00 for the service.





yeah they are taking advantage. $310.00 should get you an oilchange, tire rotation, front-end alignment and so on...|||at my dealer its $100.00 less than that. are they refacing or replacing the rotors? ask for a break-down on the repairs. my dealer is $77.00 an hour and brakes per axle should be 2 hours or less value line pads are around $65.00 dollars a set. so find out why so high? if they are not replacing the rotors, its way too much money. are they doing anything to the rear pads?|||100 bucks a wheel (plus tax), that's sounds about right for a brake job. That's why we call it the "Stealership"!|||Dealers don't discriminate -- they charge everyone high prices. If that's a quote for brake pads only, that's high excessive. If it's for new rotors and pads, it's probably reasonable, though I don't know what they cost on a Jeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment