Friday, September 23, 2011

I am looking to buy an old Jeep Wrangler. What was the first model year to offer an automatic?

I would also like to know how easy upkeep and maintenance on jeep wranglers is. I consider myself mechanically inclined. But as far as part availability and price goes I am lost. I don't care how old the jeep is or how many miles as long as I can keep it running with low to medium involvement. Any suggestions on a year?|||I bought a 1993 Jeep Wrangler 5 speed with a soft top for $2000. It did have an oil leak but I fixed it for 100 dollars. It has been very reliable for me. As long as you have a good transmission and engine, there shouldnt really be anything to worry about. just take care of it by doing regular things like oil changes.|||As for the automatic transmission, that was first offered with the CJ7, which started production in 1976.





Parts availability is excellent for just about any jeep out there, I have rebuilt a CJ2A and CJ3B and never really had a problem finding parts unless I was looking for completely original "NOS" parts. Quatratech, 4wd and jeep4x4center seem to be some of the most complete when it comes to parts. There are a few others but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment