Sunday, September 18, 2011

How long does the average 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee last?

I understand this question will get many answers. I am aware of keeping the oil cleaned, keeping it maintained and trying to keep low miles on it will all help it live long. My Jeep has 79,260 miles on it and I consider that a damn good thing for it's year. I want to know how long will my Jeep last if I continue to maintain lower than average miles on it?|||I passed on buying a Jeep Cherokee with 240,000 miles. It still ran great when I test drove it, but geez! At 240,000 miles, how much longer can it continue to run great?





I finally traded in my Cherokee when it was somewhere over 150,000 miles (the speedometer and odometer were out the last few years I owned it). I had to get one of the TJ's before they were replaced by the JK's.|||Wife still driving her '99. 140,000 and it still runs fine. Passing it on to our son this spring. She wants another one.|||Very hard to say...if you take of it, it will take care of you...





Some cars will have more trouble and maintenence requirments than others...|||I had a 99 with 211,000 thousand miles on it when I sold it 3 years ago. I did a carfax on it last week and the people that bought it renewed the registration on it last June. Nuff said.|||Cars are designed for 150k miles.





If you take care of it you can probably do quite a bit more. If you don't it could be quite a bit less.|||I driva a Mopar small block V8 That has 258,000 miles on it. Just drive easy with gas mileage in mind and it should run well for a long time. (replace 02 sensor about every 30 or 40,000


miles.)|||i have seen them with up too 200,000 miles. typically they are good vehicles. ive seen problems on the blend door inside the dash and some rear end problems but other than that they seem very reliable. as far as maintaining them are you changing the fluid in the differentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment