Sunday, September 18, 2011

How many miles to the gallon does a jeep get?

I am just wondering how many miles to the gallon a jeep will get.


Let me know about a jeep wrangler, or a jeep cherokee.


Thanks!|||The range is typically 15-23 mpg, with the Cherokee having a slight edge, especially if you get one of the 5 speed manual Cherokees.





I'd say, on average, a Wrangler will get 15-17mpg city and 20 highway. A Cherokee, 16-18 city and 20-22 highway.|||I can't speak for a Cherokee so I'm not going to guess.


Wranglers are not known for their gas milage...especially if you lift it and add beefier or larger tires.





I have a 2005 TJ with factory suspension and 31" tires. I average 15mpg almost always(interstate or town), but if I drive hard I've gotten as low as 12 mpg. On a good day, all interstate, speed limit or less I can pull 17 mpg but that's rare (plus I don't like driving below the speed limit). Wranglers typically don't get better mileage with a stick (tho mine is a stick).


The newer JK's (2007 - Present) get slightly better but not by much. If you buy a wrangler you need to come to grips early that a square box does not get good gas mileage and you are prepared to pay for it.|||i have a wrangler and on the manual it says it get 19mpg average but i'm thinking it gets like 15. cuz my wrangler drains gas. wrangler's are not meant for a daily drive to save gas, it's meant to get the job done.|||I average just under 15 mpg in my 2003 Wrangler Rubicon driving around DFW, Texas.|||2006 Grand Cherokee V6 21mpg highway, 16-17 mpg around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment