Friday, September 23, 2011

Who rocks their jeep with the doors off?

so i'm planning on buying a wrangler within the next couple months.


i'm considering taking the doors off, just wondering if anyone has any tips/recommendations.





do most of you keep a set of soft doors for when it rains? or just a poncho? any issues with rust, or do the floor drains do a pretty good job getting the water out?





security? anyone using proximity sensor alarms?





overall any info for a new perspective jeep owner would be appreciated.





thanks!|||If I rock my jeep too hard it rolls over, doors have nothing to do with it.





I have a set of soft doors for my 90 YJ, and usually leave them on year round. The full hard doors sit in the cellar, maybe I should see if I can sell them.





If they weren't so expensive I'd get a set for my '09, but $450 is more than I want to pay for them.





I have gone offroad without doors on the '09, ran a trail that was under 3' of water. It drained out in %26lt; 2 minutes, took a couple of days for the carpets to dry. No big deal, that's what Jeeps do.





If you drive on the road without doors in the rain, as long as you keep moving you'll stay pretty dry. Sitting at stoplights you'll get a little wet though.





I don't bother with any sort of alarms or anything like that. I NEVER leave anything in it that I want to keep, it's that simple.|||I have a Cherokee but I do my rock crawling with the doors off. I have to pull the fuse for the dome light and have also removed the door chime.





http://mikestrawbridge.com/blog/2010/07/鈥?/a>





Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment