Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Where does the black soot around my tailpipe on my 2006 Jeep Wrangler come from? How do i fix the problem?

Ever since I bought my 2006 Jeep Wrangler last year, I have noticed black soot around the end of my tailpipe. Does this have to do with the spark plugs? Would this be covered under the warranty?|||could be plugs or a number of other things and plugs are usually not a warrenty item. If it is still under warrenty i would take it back to the dealer they can do the diagnostics and find the problem. Could be emissions problems.


Good luck|||Might be running too rich. If not try using higher quality fuel.|||It is from the exhaust of the engine...that is why it is also called the exhaust pipe. Going electric is the only complete way to get rid of it forever.|||black soot around the tail indicates that the mooter is running rich or on older cars burning oil.since the jeep is still under warranty i would take it back to the dealer and have it checked out.hope this helps.|||Too much gas! Running to rich. Try adjusting yer carb!

No comments:

Post a Comment