Friday, September 23, 2011

What would cause my jeep to jolt while driving?

What would my jeep cherokee to suddenly jolt while driving on the highway? It is a 1995 and has 238,000 miles on it.|||I have a '91 with a few more miles on it.


You need a Transmission Transfusion.


It is almost like a dialysis machine for vehicles. Out with the bad, in with the new.


The only other thing it could be is the differential fluid needs to be changed out.


Either one will cost you about $40 wand is well worth the money.


Call your Insurance Agent to find a mechanic who is honest.


Your Jeep will be fine.


My mechanic complained that, "These damned things never die!"


I was glad to hear that!


If the Jeep shudders around corners your U-joints (if you have a 4 wheel drive) or bearings need to be replaced.


Not a huge expense if you know an honest mechanic.


Enjoy your Jeep. I love them!|||They have transmissions that slip when they get older and with that many miles youre lucky that it still drives.|||Transmission problems|||Sounds like you ran over a puppy.|||the rocks and the bumpy roads D= goverment dont pay for better roads x(|||opossums|||It is your transmission. I am 99% sure of that. Due to the age of the car and the miles on it your transmission is probably circling the drain. It is costly to fix but if you love your jeep you may want to consider it. Or you could always get a new car, there is nothing like buying a new car.|||With 238K miles on it, its probably dying.|||I agree with the transmission slippage... But I will go one further. If it is a standard you need a new clutch plate... I its a automatic you might need a new torque converter

No comments:

Post a Comment