Friday, September 23, 2011

What causes a 2000 Jeep Cherokee to take atleast 3 tries before it will start?

Everytime I go to start my Jeep it takes me atleast 3 tries before it will start, sometimes I have to hit the gas. Is it the fuel pump? If so how much would it cost to get a new one? I am desperate to get it fixed!!|||I too was a Jeep Cherokee owner, same year. Let me guess, the 4.0L? This is common in them, very common. I won't go into what it is exactly, because it's long and complicated to explain. Which also means, it's an expensive fix. However, never fear. There actually isn't a true problem, or anything wrong at all. Your Jeep will always start for you, and it's more of an annoyance than a true mechanical issue.





Some things you can do to make sure it starts better is to make sure the spark plugs are changed regularly and running a little fuel additive such as an octane boost or injector cleaner won't hurt. Just don't do that for every tank, that gets expensive and you can in time clog the motor up with the residues they leave when they burn.





So in the meantime, don't worry. Your Jeep is exactly like everyone elses'. They're notorious for it. Oh just thought of it, one other tip to help, is turn the key to the "on" position and hold it there for 5 seconds, then turn it the rest of the way to start.|||that's what u get 4 buying a american car.


**


any ways,2 ans. u'r question,trying cleaning/replacing u'r spark plugs or u'r engine air filter.





good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment