Friday, September 23, 2011

Why do the electronics in my 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee stay on after shutting off the car?

The Jeep i recently purchased has a small issue. For some reason the electronics in the car still are completely functional even when the car is turned completely off and the key is out of the ignition. This is extremely annoying as it also causes the battery to run down. Is this a problem exclusive to jeeps? The car came with an aftermarket Sony Xplod deck, could faulty wiring be causing this? Thank you.|||I had similar probs, a mere $4000.00 put it right|||Sounds electrical too me obviously.. I would open the hood and look at the fuse box, and wiggle the wire harness's inside the engine compartment and see if that fixes it..





As for electronics staying on there is a switch on the left hand side that moves up and down. I had a problem just like this where the lights and everything would stay on even after i took key out. Turned out my knee must have hit this switch and pushed it up all the way. This switch turns on all the electronics in the car and the lights even without the key in the iginition. This way you can have the car parked while you eating or something without the car actually on.|||I'm betting a previous owner has bypassed the accessory relay and has the electronics wired directly to the battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment