Friday, September 23, 2011

My jeep already has 3 inch lift and i want to know if coil spacers will work?

i have a jeep cherokke with a 3 inch lift, i want a little more lift but dolnt want to spend alot of $. Is it possible i could buy those spacer things that go between the body and the springs. And longer rear shackles for the leaf springs. Would this work for a jeep that already has a lift?|||What kind of lift do you have? I believe that if you have a suspension lift, the spacers won't add anything to it. I think you would be better off with a body lift.





As for all of those people naysaying the spacers. I have had a 2" spacer lift and 1" body lift on my 99 TJ for YEARS (like 7) and I have never had any problems with it. They have never come out, they haven't fallen apart and I have wheeled the **** out of my Jeep.





So, I have no complaints with mine, but like I said, I don't think you can use spacers with a suspension lift. They don't work with one.|||I would first think through what you want the spacers for. IF you really do want/ need them, make sure your shocks have enough travel to handle the additional space. How do you plan to install the spacers? It can be a relatively easy job on a sttraight axle vehcile, if you remove both wheels and drop one side of the axle way down. Spring compressors can also be used but they scare me to death. Also, anything biggger than a 1" spacer is generally not a great idea.|||Why are you looking at adding spacers? What size tires are you wanting to run? Will they work...yes, but if you are having a bit of tire clearance the best idea would be to trim the fenders. Also remember that a shackle lifts approx 1/2 of the additional length. If the shackle is 1" longer than stock, you will only get 1/2" of lift. 2" longer will get 1" lift. The longer the shackle the more unstable the vehicle becomes.





http://www.cherokeeforum.com


http://www.cherokeetalk.com|||A spacer kit can add you more lift but their not the best way to go. If your just looking for better tire clearence, id just go with a body lift. A two or three inch body lift should be fine. The only problem with the spacers are if you go offroading alot, too big of a spacer can cause the spring to come out. Its rare. but it happens.|||Do you live in a trailer park? No they're junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment