Sunday, September 18, 2011

Who rocks their jeep with the doors off?

so i'm planning on buying a wrangler within the next couple months.


i'm considering taking the doors off, just wondering if anyone has any tips/recommendations.





do most of you keep a set of soft doors for when it rains? or just a poncho? any issues with rust, or do the floor drains do a pretty good job getting the water out?





security? anyone using proximity sensor alarms?





overall any info for a new perspective jeep owner would be appreciated.





thanks!|||Gotta take the doors off! Had mine off since May.


Don't leave anything in it worth messing with and no one will bother you. Be preapared for a LOT of people to stare at you in envy as you cruise down the road and WAVE to all your fellow wrangler owners (even if they don't wave back)


Water shouldn't be a problem, these are made to get wet. Just throw the top up to keep the majority of water off, but it's made to dry out and keep going. I always keep a towl with me to dry off the inside of the windshield, rearview mirror and seats. Drains will get the majority of the water out, then just let it dry out in the sun if it got real wet.|||If I rock my jeep too hard it rolls over, doors have nothing to do with it.





I have a set of soft doors for my 90 YJ, and usually leave them on year round. The full hard doors sit in the cellar, maybe I should see if I can sell them.





If they weren't so expensive I'd get a set for my '09, but $450 is more than I want to pay for them.





I have gone offroad without doors on the '09, ran a trail that was under 3' of water. It drained out in %26lt; 2 minutes, took a couple of days for the carpets to dry. No big deal, that's what Jeeps do.





If you drive on the road without doors in the rain, as long as you keep moving you'll stay pretty dry. Sitting at stoplights you'll get a little wet though.|||I have my doors off any chance i get. Just make sure to turn off the dome lights. some jeeps have a switch to do that, others you have to pull a fuse behind the glove box. its labeled Door Defeat, or something like that. otherwise the dome lights would be on all the time and, well, you wouldnt like that if you went to start your jeep after letting it sit for a while.|||I used to go all summer long with my top and doors off on my CJ-5 back in my younger days. Rained never bothered me much. I had a bikini top above the front seats though. I had no security system or after market compartments in it. Nobody ever messed with it in the Northern Shenandoah Valley.


I never ran with the top off in my old YJ or the TJ Rubicon that I drive now.

No comments:

Post a Comment