Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What is the difference between the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited trims?

I am wanting to get a Jeep in the next couple of weeks, but am having some trouble deciding exactly which model I'm getting. I know the difference in the 4x2s and 4x4s, I'm definitely getting the 4x4, no use in getting a 2WD Jeep, the problem is choosing between the X, Sahara, and Rubicon trims. I know the difference comes in the available upgrades, but just what are they?|||I am not sure what the X has that a regular Sport does not have.





The Sahara is the upgraded version of the Sport (which is the 6cyl model). These are cosmetic upgrades - upgraded seats, power windows, cd player etc.





The Rubicon is also an upgraded version of the Sport but it is an off road upgrade. The Rubicon comes with the Dana 44 rear axle (compared to the 35c on the Sport), lower gearing, more aggressive tires and a few other mods that I can't remember.





So, basically if you are going to drive it on the street and never plan to take it off road I would go with the Sahara or X.





If you plan to do some offroading, you might want to go with the Rubicon.

No comments:

Post a Comment