Sunday, September 18, 2011

1989 jeep wagoneer that I want to buy and will need a motor in a year? How much does one cost?

I want to buy this 1989 Jeep Grand wagoneer that supposedly runs well, but may need some motor work in a year and I want to replace it. This is a car that I want to drive and slowly restore over the next year or two. The cost of the car is 1750. there are 117000 miles on the car, and just a little spot of rust. Any suggestions? also any suggestions on where to get a third row seat to have installed in this? Thanks!|||89 Wagoneer... "XJ" (Cherokee body), or the "SJ" Grand Wagoneer (full sized) old large body Jeep SUV. Both are electrical nightmares and famous for not passing emissions testing. If that is a factor in your state.





If you are planning to remove the engine and install it yourself and having a machine shop rebuild it. I would plan on spending $2000 assuming you replace ware items such as: water pump, complete tune-up, mounts, hoses, etc, etc, etc.


If you intend to have it done, I would double that amount and then some depending where you have te work performed.


If the Cherokee body is what your after I recommend buying a 1997 to 2001 with the 4.0l 6 cyl. That is the best, most reliable engine Chrysler used.





Driving and restoring a vehicle at the same time is a chore. Good luck in what ever you decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment